There are lots of different ways to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 phone to the television (TV).
Option 1. A simple Cable – USB Type C – HDMI
This is a cable that plugs into your phone on one end and your tv on the other. It could not be simpler. We sell this cables within Ireland from SpicyJam.ie
Option 2. Using Smart View
- This one depends on your TV being compatible if it is not, just skip to the next option.
- To open the Quick Settings panel, use two fingers and swipe down from the top of the screen.
- To view the second panel, swipe to the left.
- Touch Smart View.
- If required, touch the device you want to display your screen on. The connection is usually established automatically if there is only one compatible device available. Depending on the TV, you will need to enter a PIN or allow access to complete the connection.
- To stop sharing your screen, touch Disconnect.
Note: If the Smart View Control is minimized, touch it to list the menu. Smart View Control only shows up on your phone.
Option 3. Using Chromecast
The Google Chromecast Adapter is a device you buy, it connects to the HDMI connection on your TV, it is around 40 euro. You can get it from Argos, Tescos etc..
This uses your home Wifi network to connect your phone to the TV. Google Chromecast Adapter and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV. Ensure the Chromecast and Galaxy S8 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Install the Google Home app on the Galaxy S8.
Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.